Wednesday, March 9, 2016

DIY Paint Chip Easter Garland

I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to paint chips (see exhibit A below).  They all look so lovely in the hardware store that I have a hard time sticking to my intended color scheme.  As a result, I have quite a collection.

Lately I’ve been eyeing my stack and formulating a few simple projects in my head.  The first of which I present to you today – a DIY Easter egg garland.

An easy upcycled Easter garland using paint chips - LOVE the pretty colors and how the lines on the paint chips mimic the lines in plastic Easter eggs.
This was super easy and turned out even better than I’d hoped.  I love how the white line in the middle mimics the look of a plastic egg.  I even enjoy the slight reflection of words from the back of the paint chips when it’s strung in front of a mirror.
You can use this to print and cut out an egg template.  I used Home Depot’s Behr paint chips, which have 4 colors per card, and cut them in half eliminating all white except for the line between the two color shades.
I traced the egg on the back of the card (so there wouldn’t be any residual pencil marks on the front) and then cut them out.
Lastly, I punched two small holes in the top of each egg with an extra small hole punch and threaded them onto a piece of waxed cotton.  The cotton did a great job of preventing slippage.
An easy upcycled Easter garland using paint chips - LOVE the pretty colors and how the lines on the paint chips mimic the lines in plastic Easter eggs.

Once all your eggs are strung up you just have to find the perfect spot for them.  Mine has already changed locations a few times and it’s not even April yet… I may have to make a few more.

An easy upcycled Easter garland using paint chips - LOVE the pretty colors and how the lines on the paint chips mimic the lines in plastic Easter eggs.

For more candy-free Easter ideas, check out:

Easter basket ideas
Decorating
line-graphic
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time? Check out:

Our Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life printables for 2016 


No comments: